Monday, October 4, 2010

Cowering vs. Conquering

This last weekend I spoke with one of my softball parents and she was asking about how I was, am I getting through, and holding up. We had an interesting and inspiring conversation that holds alot of truth for all challenges in our lives. We can choose to go around, above, below, but the challenge will never really become less. We have to go through it.... simple.... she is right. I never really thought of it like that. I appreciated the conversation, thank you.  Funny, how after the conversation I found this randomly...... coincidence? Probably not....

"Most of our obstacles would melt away
if, instead of cowering before them,
we should make up our minds
to walk boldly through them."



It is literally hours away and will forever change my life, my thoughts, my attitudes, perceptions. So many emotions can be overwhelming. Today, last night have been difficult. Trying to keep busy is hard when your mind keeps lingering on the moment to come..... I am very tired, exhausted.


I need to remember to put my stomping boots on before surgery, so I can trudge right through one of my biggest obstacles thus far in my 36 years of life.............  GOOOOOOO STEPH!

1 comment:

  1. God puts obstacles in our way sometimes for some reason but He will never give us more than we can handle. Stephanie, God has put a giant task before you.Trust that He knows what and why you have been a chosen one. I will be praying along with all your loved ones. We will all be with you tomorrow.Love Laurie

    ReplyDelete