Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Headed Home #2

Tuesday, October 19th, 2010
I am getting out of this place – YIPPEE! Not feeling so great this morning, sweaty again, a lot of people are in my room, and I have to be over to Ambulatory Services by 9:30am. All I wanted to do was shower, not this morning, had to move. All my bandages got changed, got dressed, brushed my teeth, and I was following the nurse to where I needed to go. She carried everything for me, I wasn’t allowed to lift more than 10 pounds. I appreciated her help.
Got to the next place, sat in a chair to get directions on how to do the PICC line, and she asked me if I wanted anything, water? I couldn’t answer, and sobbed, hid under my hat, and just needed a minute to gain composure. She didn’t rush me, but consoled me, knew some of what I was going through, and this just was enough to break the camels back. I just held her hand, that’s all I wanted was someone to hold my hand and tell me it was going to be OK, eventually. She had the patience to put up with my break down.
We got through it, Darcy picked me, got my prescriptions, and she took me home. She had some running around to do, so she left and came back, and I had showered and got some clean clothes on. Darcy helped me with my wrap, and then I laid down. At least Gypsy was home to keep me company. She wouldn’t let me out of her sight, and purred on my lap the entire day and night. Oh, how I love my cat.

No comments:

Post a Comment